Monday 7 May 2018

Happy Birthday Mr. Fuchs



Several times a year I visit my friend's grave to play him a Tango on my iPhone. 

Mr. Fuchs was born May 8, 1927 in Argentina and was starved to death on July 11,
2014 in Ottawa, Canada. It is his son who bears the blame for ordering the nursing home to render my friend unconscious with drugs then deny him liquids and food. Alone in his room, surrounded by four, featureless, sterile walls, the sound of machinery and death, his already frail body survived a mere six days.

It's a disgrace that this world feels that it is cheaper, and more expedient to murder old people that to provide the care and love we need at the end of our lives.

I've tried filing criminal charges, petitioned the Coroner to investigate, complained to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, written my local politicians, the Attorney General of Canada,  and picketed our Federal Government - nothing! (so far anyway)


I will never forget you my friend nor forgive the disgusting reprobates who killed you... so on this day I raise my cup of coffee to you and say "Happy Birthday Mr. Fuchs!"

"But you who philosophize disgrace
And criticise all fears.
Bury the rag deep in your face,
Now is the time for your tears."

... The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol" .. Bob Dylan 


No comments:

Post a Comment